- de père en fils depuis 1760 -
The House of Creed was founded in 1760 when James Henry Creed opened his first shop in London. It rapidly became a favourite of the aristocracy and soon Queen Victoria appointed Creed as an official supplier to the Royal household.
Eventually Creed was adopted by all the courts of Europe: Napoléon III and Empress Eugénie of France, Franz-Joseph and Elizabeth of Austro-Hungary and Queen Christina of Spain. In 1854, under the patronage of Empress Eugénie, the House of Creed moved to Paris where it established a firm reputation for the rare beauty, quality and exclusivity of its fragrances.
Today Olivier Creed, direct descendant of James Henry Creed, continues this great tradition as Createur Parfumeur and President of the House of Creed. In France, or travelling abroad, he personally selects the purest rose essences from Bulgaria, Turkey or Morocco as well as Italian jasmine, irises from Florence, Tuberose from India or genuine Parma violets. Creed also manufacture their own essences using the traditional infusion technique, now abandoned as too costly by the modern perfume industry.
Wherever possible, Olivier Creed insists on using natural essences instead of the synthetic ones used increasingly by large perfume companies these days. This enables Olivier Creed, a perfectionist, to preserve the originality and superior quality of his fragrances. The components are then weighed, mixed, macerated and filtered, all by hand, before being shipped to only the finest department stores and specialist retailers worldwide. Creed fragrances offer all those who appreciate excellence the opportunity to rediscover the art of fine fragrance.